Innovative Approach to Care
S.T.A.R.S is a family-run, fully inclusive community, for those needing a safe and fun environment.
S.T.A.R.S was founded by Carole and her daughters Helena and Catriona.
We hope to bring a sense of family into our care.
We operate an open door policy on all of our centres, so please come down and see what we do.
What do S.T.A.R.S aim to do for our communities?
1. To provide a place of safety and companionship to those who require support and / or supervision during the day.
2. To provide a social and engaging environment where stimulation, activity and conversation, appropriate to individual needs, will be available.
3. To provide a welcome to communities from across the social and cultural spectrum, with differing physical needs and treat them with dignity and respect.
4. To work with users, carers and family members, to provide an individually tailored service that supports the person living in their own home or within their local community.
5. To provide appropriate, relevant and well-structured physical activities that maximise and maintain physical functional levels, enhance independence and reduce risk of physical injury.
6. To help those who have cognitive problems to maintain their sense of identity and self worth and provide them with an environment in which they can flourish.
7. To provide those who care for anyone with physical and cognitive needs, with a safety net and a place of refuge and respite.
Who are we?
Carole GradDip Phys, Bed (hons), MA, MCSP: Centre Director
A health care professional with years of experience in the NHS and Higher Education, with experience in the rehabilitation of people with neurological conditions.
Carole does risk assessments, training and mentors our students.
Helena Bsc (Hons) Public Health Nutrition: Director of Care
A qualified Nutritionist with years of experience working as a health care assistant in the NHS and private care homes. A Registered Manager with the CQC.
Helena is the main contact for the Centre and is in charge of personal care and safeguarding.
Catriona LLB (Hons) Law: HR and Legal Director
Has a law degree, years of experience working as a health care assistant in the NHS and private care homes.
Catriona looks after legal and HR for the Centre and is in charge of company policy.
S.T.A.R.S Adult Day Centre: https://www.starsdaycare.co.uk/s-t-a-r-s-day-centre
S.T.A.R.S Carer Breaks: https://www.starsdaycare.co.uk/evening-respite
S.T.A.R.S Consultancy: https://www.starsdaycare.co.uk/consultancy-service
Training S.T.A.R.S: https://www.starsdaycare.co.uk/training-s-t-a-r-s
Unity Through Community: www.unitythroughcommunity.co.uk
An activity programme for adults with Learning Disabilities.
S.T.A.R.S. Meeting Centre.
S.T.A.R.S. Respite Hotel.