All day Attendance with lunch: £50
All day Attendance without lunch: £45
Morning or afternoon session with lunch: £35
Morning or afternoon session without lunch: £30
Extended hours (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday): £80
Transport within Worcester: £7.50
Transport St Johns: £10
Prices and Hours may vary on Bank Holidays
Monday - Friday 9am - 3pm (core hours)
Tueday - Thursday 9am - 7pm.
Personal care: tolieting needs. washing and changing if neccessary.
Morning and afternoon social activities: including bingo, cards, dominoes, arts and crafts and singing.
It is one of the key principles of our enterprise that we try, as far as possible, to offer individually tailored packages to meet your needs.
Terms and Conditions:
STARS day centre operates an open door policy and seeks to offer an inclusive and safe environment for those who require day care. As such, we have only a few criteria that need to be met; we assess each person on a one-to-one basis to ascertain whether STARS can offer an appropriate environment for the individual to flourish and relax. However, in order to assure the health and safety of all centre users we have developed the following protocol:
1. We accept people with all levels of dementia, from mild to severe. Behaviour as a result of the Dementia is more important than cognitive ability.
2. Some people with dementia feel the need to wander throughout the day. We do not restrain them to prevent wandering, although we may encourage them to rest if the wandering affects their health and safety or the health and safety of others.
3. STARS Day Centre will help people with basic personal care such as getting to the toilet. Urinary incontinence is not a barrier in itself, provided it can be managed adequately (the person is not constantly wet or requires constant attention re. toileting).
4. Incontinence products used by the individual must be provided by the person / family for use while at STARS. Those who have incontinence problems are advised to bring an alternative set of clothing in case of accidents. These clothes can be left at STARS.
5. While physical disability is not necessarily a barrier to attendance at STARS, this will have to be assessed on a case by case basis to ensure the individual can be cared for safely. STARS reserves the right to decline the offer of a place in cases where the physical disability is not manageable by STARS.
6. STARS is a social arena where clients mix and interact with each other. Individuals who cannot cope with social situations or with a degree of noise (talking or laughing) may not be able to cope well at STARS and it may prove to be an inappropriate environment for such individuals.
7. As stated above, STARS is an open, social environment therefore any aggressive, angry or confrontational behaviour is inappropriate. STARS reserves the right to decline a place at the Day Centre for any individual whose behaviour causes a risk to their own health and safety, or to the health and safety of other users of the Centre.
8. In cases where a client of the Day Centre begins to exhibit aggressive, confrontational or anti- social behaviour as a consequence of the development of their condition, STARS reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a place in order to ensure the health and safety of the individual and other users of the Centre.
9. STARS day centre has a quiet room which an individual can visit to take time out / relax and calm down when necessary. However the quiet room is for occasional use only and in cases where this becomes a more regular occurrence and requires high levels of one-to-one attention, STARS may have to withdraw the offer of a place at the Centre or increase the cost quoted for Day Care.