What is S.T.A.R.S?
The Aims for Our Day Care are:
1. To provide a place of safety and companionship to those who require support and / or supervision during the day.
2. To provide a social and engaging environment where stimulation, activity and conversation, appropriate to individual needs, will be available.
3. To provide a welcome to older people from across the social and cultural spectrum, with differing physical needs and treat them with dignity and respect.
4. To work with users, carers and family members, to provide an individually tailored service that supports the older person living in their own home or within their local community.
5. To provide appropriate, relevant and well structured physical activities that maximise and maintain physical functional levels, enhance independence and reduce risk of physical injury.
6. To help those who have cognitive problems to maintain their sense of identity and self worth and provide them with a stimulating and supportive environment in which they can flourish.
7. To provide those who care for older people with physical and cognitive needs, with a safety net and a place of refuge and respite.
In order to provide companionship and conversation and encourage our users to interact and get to know each other, there will be a schedule of activities offered which might include:
A film and music club
Craft based activities such as flower arranging and model making
Reminiscence sessions- both general and personal
A quiet area for listening to radio, watching TV or reading newspaper
A light lunch will be provided for those attending all day (cost included in day price). Those who are attending for part of the day may purchase lunch for a small additional cost. Any users who have complex or very specialised dietary needs may wish to bring their own lunches (a deduction on the day cost will be made in this case).